Total Bathrooms is committed to the privacy of all its stakeholders. This policy statement is designed to give a clear explanation of Total Bathrooms data processing practices.
Total Bathrooms is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
To improve customer experience and our quality of service, we use technology on areas of the site to record user movements including page scrolling and text entered into forms. The information this technology collects does not include bank details and will be for internal use only. Data collected in this manner assists us in identifying usability issues as well as improving technical support for users.
Information That We Will Collect
- All the information necessary to fulfil your order including but not limited to, your name, telephone number, address, your email address, and delivery address.
- The web server also collects data pertaining to every visitor, including the IP address, the length of time spent on the site and the pages accessed when visiting the site.
- We may ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with products purchased, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services. You are not obliged to provide this information, and you can opt out of this correspondence during the registration process in store or electronically.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Processing your order.
- For registration purposes if you open an account.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To assist with repairs, renewals and replacements in the future.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- Our representatives may follow up, either by email, phone or fax to people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information, which we think, you may find interesting, using the e-mail address provided by you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service.
Storing Your Personal Data Online
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Security Of Data In Store
Total Bathrooms will use its best endeavours to protect the information you provide. Access to your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers on which we store personally identifiable information, are kept in a secure environment.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Google Analytics Opt-Out
In order to provide website visitors with more choice on how data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics Opt-out – Browser Add-on.
The Google Analytics Opt-out – Browser Add-on – does not affect usage of the website in any other way. Further information on the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on can be found here.
Who We Share The Information With And Your Choices
When you shop in our stores or online and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
This process may include sending personal information outside of the European Economic Area and, if necessary, across international borders. The data protection laws in these countries may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area.
If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us and requesting removal.
A cookie is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (or your browser agrees automatically if you have set it up in that way), your browser adds that text in a small file. A cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets web site operators know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For example, when you visit an electronic store, a cookie makes it easier to shop, by allowing you to place things into a shopping basket; the basket itself is not a cookie; the cookie is placed on your hard drive and keeps track of your basket versus others in use at the same time.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Denial of a traffic log cookie may prevent you from using the web site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This practice is strictly enforced. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit that you and Total Bathrooms gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You may set up your web browser to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely (although declining them may prevent you from being able to use the web site properly or at all). You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your Internet browser settings and configurations.
This site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Total Bathrooms is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites and accordingly assumes no responsibility whatsoever in respect of such sites. Furthermore, Total Bathrooms does not endorse any products and/or services featured on any third party site. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the site in question.
Email, Newsletters, Opt-Out And Unsubscribe
Users have the option to subscribe to various email services, which we offer. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option not to receive these types of communication.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes we will correct, update or remove that user’s personal data as speedily as possible. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or would like us to correct, amend or update your information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification Of Changes